|We all want to make our communities – and our planet – greener, safer, healthier, fairer, and stronger. YSA believes that empathy is key to improving the world. We are partnering with Hasbro’s signature philanthropic initiative, BE FEARLESS BE KIND, to encourage young people to stand up for others, include everyone, and take action when they see a problem.|
The BE FEARLESS BE KIND grants give young people an opportunity to put their empathy, passion, and creativity into action as they #LeadASAP help make the world a better place!
YSA empowers youth to “lead ASAP” through Awareness, Service, Advocacy, and Philanthropy. When youth #LeadASAP, they acquire the skills they need to be successful in life – skills like empathy, creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
If you are an organization or K-12 school that provides opportunities for youth to BE FEARLESS BE KIND and then to #LeadASAP, we are offering grants up to $2,000 each to support high quality, youth-led service projects that take place between September 18 – December 15, 2017.
Applications will be accepted and grants awarded on a rolling basis until October 31, 2017 at 5 PM Eastern time.
Grants of $250, $500, $1,000, and $2,000 are available, based on the number of youth volunteers you will engage and the length of your project.
|# of Youth Volunteers||One-Day Project||Multi-Week Project|
Successful applicants will:
- Integrate youth voice and leadership into all aspects of project planning.
- Describe how their projects will provide an opportunity for students to develop compassion, empathy, and courage as well as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Engage at least 100, 250, or 500 youth (ages 5-18) in a single day of service, or over a multi-week period.
- Describe how their projects will address a significant community need to help fulfill one of the 17 Global Goals, including plans to assess project impact against stated goals.
- Demonstrate storytelling capacity to use project impacts to inspire and promote more youth to serve year-round.
- Eligible organizations include nonprofit organizations and K-12 schools (public, private, and independent).
- Organizations must be based in the United States, and funds must be used in the United States.
- Service activities should take place between September 18 – December 15, 2017.